What is the most disappointing teen-book-to-movie and why?
Ninja Jenny's opinion....Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison being made into Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Why? I just don't think they got Georgia right AND the acting wasn't great AND Robbie and Tom were the same age AND Vatti just wasn't weird enough! :)
Ninja Amy's opinion...The WORST book to movie I have ever come across is my beloved Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. The main character’s age, location, and family situation is changed drastically. She goes from being a teen in the U.S. to a 20-something living in Romania. The bad guy in the movie isn’t the same bad guy in the book. The situation with the human boy is changed COMPLETELY in the movie. And don’t even talk to me about lack of character development in the movie! Don’t waste your time or money on the movie version if you are a fan of the book.
Teen Read Week Rules
1. Contest runs October 17 - October 23
2. Every day there will be a question to answer by making a comment on the blog
3. Every day you comment will be an entry into the SWAG drawing
4. Only one comment per day, per person (yes you can backtrack if you miss a day)
5. Winners will be chosen at random by a number generator after October 24
6. Anyone in the lower 48 states can participate!
7. Members of the Arlington Public Library will get an extra entry if they let us know they are library members.
8. Please remember to include your email in your comment. If you are uncomfortable with that, please email the Ninja at email@example.com