If you could have any book be required reading at your school,
what book would you choose and why?
Ninja Jenny says: I would require everyone to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The book is a modern day Catcher in the Rye, and while I hated Catcher when I was in high school, I loved and still love Perks. The book speaks to the reader on many levels, showing the beauty of first time experiences, first love, and true friendship.
Teen Read Week Rules
1. Contest runs October 17 - October 23
2. Every day there will be a question to answer by making a comment on the blog
3. Every day you comment will be an entry into the SWAG drawing
4. Only one comment per day, per person (yes you can backtrack if you miss a day)
5. Winners will be chosen at random by a number generator after October 24
6. Anyone in the lower 48 states can participate!
7. Members of the Arlington Public Library will get an extra entry if they let us know they are library members.
8. Please remember to include your email in your comment. If you are uncomfortable with that, please email the Ninja at firstname.lastname@example.org